Post Natal Abdominal Therapy
Post natal abdominal therapy helps with the realignment of organs and body to pre-pregnant posture, decreases congestion in the pelvic bowl, and tones belly skin.
Encouraging the flow of internal fluids, it promotes recovery of pelvic floor muscles, perineum, and vaginal tissue.
It helps clients to anchor their center in their ever-changing bodies and to metabolize their birth experiences by toning the vagus nerve in response to the fullness of the postpartum phase..
Starting at 6 weeks post-vaginal birth and 3 months post-belly birth.
For women who have had a Cesarean section, the massage is beneficial for breaking up fibrous connective tissue, and to increase blood flow in order to optimize the healing of the uterine smooth muscle.
Understanding the Benefits of Postnatal Massage
Postnatal massage is a specialized form of massage therapy designed to address the unique physical and emotional needs of women who have recently given birth. It is typically performed in the weeks or months following childbirth, focusing on the postpartum period. This type of massage is gentle and tailored to the specific needs and comfort levels of the new mother. It aims to help her recover from the physical and emotional stress of pregnancy and childbirth.
Benefits of Postnatal Massage:
- Pain Relief: Postnatal massage can alleviate postpartum discomfort by targeting sore muscles, reducing tension, and relieving back and neck pain.
- Stress Reduction: New mothers often experience high levels of stress and anxiety. Postnatal massage promotes relaxation, releases endorphins, and reduces stress, contributing to better emotional well-being.
- Improved Circulation: The massage enhances blood and lymphatic circulation, aiding in the removal of toxins and reducing swelling, particularly in the legs and feet.
- Hormone Regulation: Hormonal changes are common after childbirth. Postnatal massage may help balance hormones, potentially assisting with mood swings and emotional stability.
- Scar Healing: For women who underwent cesarean sections, the massage can promote scar tissue healing and reduce adhesions.
- Breastfeeding Support: It can help ease tension in the chest and shoulders, making breastfeeding more comfortable.
- Body Realignment: The massage can aid in restoring the body’s pre-pregnancy alignment, promoting better posture and reducing discomfort.